Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Gelish Manicure: Day Five

It's been five days and the gelish manicure is holding up well. In fact, it has proven to be nearly indestructible, with just a few exceptions:

1. It cannot withstand nail biting... but, it makes nail biting significantly harder so hopefully it will help me break that nasty habit.

 2. It cannot withstand actively trying to scrape it off. (I got mod podge on my nails on Saturday and was trying to scrape the dried podge off my thumb and ended up popping the nail right off!)

 3. A couple of nails are starting to peel up on the edges where the gelish "bonded" to the skin surrounding my nail instead of the nail itself.

So, right now there are three nails that need to be redone (the bitten nail and two peely nails). I plan to redo those tonight, but I'm tempted to remove the whole manicure and paint my nails red, white, and blue for the Fourth of July tomorrow. Or, I could potentially do another gelish mani with the lighter color nail polish I bought and then go red, white, and blue on top. (Or, I wonder if I could do clear nails with just the foundation gel and top coat??) I'm hesitant to take off the polish early because I really wanted to give it a full two-week test drive. I guess I have all day to make the decision. Yes, ALL DAY. The day is going by s-l-o-w-l-y.

No comments: