Friday, June 22, 2012

A Clean Slate

Welcome (back!) to my blog, friends!  I started blogging here back in 2005 and kept it up for about four or five years, until I finally stopped blogging.  There were two major reasons I stopped blogging.  First, it seemed that all of my blog posts took on a negative tone, and that's not the image that I wanted to project to the world.  Second, I started the blog as a way to keep in touch with family and friends, and when everyone I knew was on facebook, it seemed redundant to keep a blog as well.  (I suppose a third reason is that I also have a second knitting blog, that I have kept up to date with).

So, why am I back?  I've decided there is more I want to share with the world than I can contain in a facebook status update or that I can confine to the themes of a knitting blog.  A lot of what I want to share is semi-domestic stuff like cooking and crafts, so I toyed around with the idea of starting a dedicated crafting blog, but I ultimately decided that would be too much work.  I don't want to feel like I have to do crafts because I need something to blog about.  Conversely, I don't want to feel like I have to blog because I need to maintain my audience and build my SEO and all that crap.  I just want a casual creative outlet that I can share with real life friends and blog-world friends alike.

And why did I delete the old posts?  Trust me, that was so hard to do!  There were some real gems in there!  But I just decided that the past is the past and I wanted a clean slate.  There is really no need for me or my readers to relive the misery of law school, right?  Right.  And I'll try to keep the misery of being a lawyer to a minimum.  Don't want to clog up the new RSS feed with too much angst.  :)

Au Revoir!  (Until I see you again!)

1 comment:

Erica said...

I'm glad you are back! I enjoyed your blog and look forward to creeping on you in this way again ;-)